“Creativity is … seeing something that doesn’t exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God.” Michele Shea
Before I get distracted by blog comments and email, and Facebook I will write my pages/blog and then I can feel comfortable responding to messages and catching up with the world. Getting things done for my exhibit, accomplishing life’s little chores are on the goal list for today but first I am going to do some free association that chapter 3 in The Artist’s Way suggest to do in order to “restore the persons we have abandoned – ourselves.” I would not use the word abandoned, I would used the word covered up, or piled life experience on too without a lot of conscious thought. I believe this exercise can loosen some of the debris, awaken some more of the senses I may have lock away for safe keeping or recovering later when I am able to use the tools to enhance my creative, harmonic practice of life.
- My Favorite childhood toy was… a Jerry Mahoney doll
- My favorite childhood game was… I don’t recall any
- The best movie I ever saw as a kid was… Old Yeller
- I don’t do it much but I enjoy… dancing.
- If I could lighten up a little, I’d let myself… go dancing.
- If it weren’t too late, I’d… fall in love again.
- My favorite musical instrument is … the piano.
- The amount of money I spend on treating myself to entertainment each month is… not enough.
- If I weren’t so stingy with my artist, I buy him… a new 55 mm -200 mm lens.
- Taking time out for myself is… and everyday experience.
- I am afraid that if I start dreaming… those dreams won’t come true.
- I secretly enjoy reading… Vanity Fair Magazine.
- If it didn’t sound crazy, I’d write or make a book of photographs.
- If I had had a perfect childhood I’d have grown up to be… an actor.
- My parents thing artist are… I have no idea what they think.
- My God thinks artist are… His greatest creation.
- What makes me feel weird about this recovery is… nothing, I think it is awesome!
- Learning to trust myself is probably… an on going lesson.
- My most cheer -me up music is… I want to dance with somebody, Whitney Houston
- My favorite way to dress is… dressing better then I do right now.
Now how was that? Not to bad , actually was kind of fun. Anything disturb you on this list? Not disturb but made me stop to think, why don’t I remember playing games? Why don’t I know what my family thinks of artist? Other than that this experience was informative and maybe freeing.
Is there more to write, I feel as if I am done at this point, maybe I will write again later today or this evening.
Growth Question: Do you need to do some detective work to unblock your creativeness? How do you think that experience would feel?
I am Love, Jeff